Thứ Tư, 16 tháng 10, 2013

Acer Aspire E1-572-6870 15.6-Inch Deals

 By octo1212 (CA)

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Acer Aspire E1-572-6870 15.6-Inch Laptop (Clarinet Black) (Personal Computers)
First off, let me say that the experience with this laptop and this manufacturer has been overall stellar...it is a great buy @ 449 and is pretty darn fast with the Haswell chip they've included...slide a small SSD in place of the 500GB 5400rpm drive and this thing will sail...very pleased...

with that said, i ordered this at 449 and got 2 (CAMELCAMELCAMEL)...then once i got them, i realized that i assumed it came with a DVD drive (like most laptops that are not super thin) and it does NOT...i contacted Acer and they said to get an external drive...
i did a little more looking and the place for the drive exists...there is a "filler" piece of plastic they have slid in there as a placeholder...i unscrewed the retaining screw on the bottom and slid out the "filler" and shined a flashlight inside to see if a connection exists...it does...the Acer techinician i chatted with refused to admit that i could put a drive in it...
GOOD LUCK FINDING A D**N DRIVE WITH THE CORRECT BEZEL...IT'S TOO NEW...I CANNOT FIND SOMEONE SELLING IT ANYWHERE...

so...if you need a DVD drive of any kind, deal with its absence or get an external one...or wait for 6-12 months for the aftermarket to catch up and maybe pick one up on ebay...
 By Ted D. Turner (las vegas, NV, US)

This review is from: Acer Aspire E1-572-6870 15.6-Inch Laptop (Clarinet Black) (Personal Computers)
This brand new laptop arrived in late June 2013 and upon unpacking I was in love. It did have a dead battery but worked on the power brick while charging. That day was my first time using Win8 I was not impressed at all with the stupid changes by Microsoft and wished I had the very same machine with Win7 instead. After a few hours I learned what I needed to mostly turn off the new features from Microsoft so it worked like Win7. However I then had to go online to download a tiny bit of software from PC World magazine that enabled me to add an icon to the taskbar that was labeled "Shutdown PC". That worked great. So far this computer has performed much better (except for the crappy Win8) than my old laptop and cost just over half as much. If Acer would offer an option to order this unit with Win7 installed I would have given it the highest rating available. My favorite thing about it is the price.

By Treliving "I am not malevolent, I simply am." 
(Ca)
This review is from: Acer Aspire E1-572-6870 15.6-Inch Laptop (Clarinet Black) (Personal Computers)
Not much I can say here other than I got what I bought. It's an Acer, it has everything I need, and it works. If these are the specifications you are looking for in a laptop then you will be happy with this one, provided you don't get a lemon which seems to happen with all manufacturers these days. I would recommend this product to anyone.

1 nhận xét: