Thứ Năm, 24 tháng 10, 2013

Acer Aspire V5-531P-4129 15.6-Inch Deals

By Stacie -(CA)
This review is from: Acer Aspire V5-531P-4129 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Personal Computers)
you won't find a better 15.6" touchscreen for ~$500. Three usb ports, HDMI port, internal DVD, 500+ GB HDD, backlit keyboard - there's a long list of great stuff. it's fast, quiet, and doesn't put out much heat (no Dell thigh-burn here). i bought this for work and liked it so much after a few weeks that i bought another one for my family. expect maybe 3hrs on the battery. meh - but that's the market reality.
only real peeve is the physical spacebar response on the keyboard can be erratic when typing fast - it cangetannoying. also the trackpad is very sensitive. it can pick up a contact from your hands/thumbs pretty easily while typing and unintentionally move your cursor downscreen mid-sentence - super annoying. basically, be mindful of your hand position while you type - and be extra assertive with the spacebar.
overall though - this is a great buy for work, school & general family use.

 By anthony wainaina - (UK)
This review is from: Acer Aspire V5-531P-4129 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Personal Computers)
overall, the computer was good, just as described. light in weight and sleek look. Lighted keyboard and other features that make it look a worthy computer for the price especially. only setback is with Operating system windows 8, It became really had for my parents to adopt to the new homescreen as opposed to desktop and start menu in the previous windows versions. applications provided are only microsoft based. one cannot load a yahoo application based on another browser like chrome. then there is the issue of closing the windows. the x on the top right which windows users are used to is gone. closing different tabs and open windows is a nightmare. i found myself closing running applications through the task manager.
otherwise, the hardware is recommendable.
ill be more than happy if i can be upgraded to the newly released windows 8.1 which solves most of this issues.
By T. R. Wilson (Gastonia, NC USA)
This review is from: Acer Aspire V5-531P-4129 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Personal Computers)
Be aware - this review concerns the SELLER Antonline, not the product from Acer. (I selected "Like" for product -- but would rate the Seller, Antonline, "I hate it")

I ordered the Acer laptop in June as a graduation gift for my son. It actually arrived earlier than expected and was gifted a short time later. While the laptop seems fine in all other respects, it had one manufacturer flaw - it simply would not charge. While plugged in, it operated well and my son loved the Windows 8 interface, but remove the plug and it would not operate. I tried to seek a repair or replacement under the factory warranty through stores local to my area. I was always redirected back to the original seller. I contacted Antonline within the 30 day guarantee window by email through Amazon. I then contacted Amazon to make them aware of the issue and they, also, sent an email explaining the issue. I received an email back explaining that my 30 days had been exceeded and, therefore, outside the return policy (Antonline was counting down from the "order" date, not the "received by" date). I contacted Amazon once again to determine when the 30 day guarantee begins and they confirmed that the guarantee begins the date of delivery to the customer, not the order date. They, also, sent another follow up email explaining to Antonline that I was within the return policy time frame and this matter should be resolved by them. I received my final email notice from Antonline explaining (again) that they do not follow the Amazon guidlines and, instead, begin the 30 days from the date of order, not the date received. (For clarity, the difference between the two dates was 3 days).

After contacting Amazon and asking what to do, I was told I would receive a total refund of the purchase (isn't this why we all LOVE Amazon in the first place?) and I could simply reorder the laptop from another seller. While that isn't the easiest way to resolve this issue, it is one way and I have chosen to do just that. It really seems as though Antonline went out of their way to not resolve a manufacture warranty issue that could have been handled simply and would have resulted in a sale retained by them, a happy customer with a good review and need not have involved Amazon at all. Personally, I would never order from Antonline again knowing their attitude towards the consumers they sell to.

If you like what this laptop has to offer - as I did - I suggest searching another seller on Amazon and find yourself happier in the end should you face a warranty issue as I have.

1 nhận xét: