Thứ Ba, 22 tháng 10, 2013

Acer Aspire S3-391-6497 13.3-Inch Deals

By Ricky -
This review is from: Acer Aspire S3-391-6497 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (Champagne) (Personal Computers)
As I already had a 7200rpm 500G slim hard disk, I decided to replace the 5400rpm one in it. It is very easy to open, no specific care needed. Took a little while to change the standard 2.5" slim disk. compared with the mSATA SSD hard disk used in S7, future updates to SSD could be much more affordable.
Beyond my expectation, this 24G SSD for rapid storage is upgradable with a standard mSATA port. 2 partitions on this disk, probably a system restore image and a cache partition. I just erased them all and assigned all 24G as IRST disk. Now it takes only seconds to fulfill a fully start up. You may need to find the correct IRST driver from other source than the Acer website. And activate RAID mode in CMOS setting.
I've read comments that this laptop may have bad WiFi signal, it could be true. A very stupid design made the white antenna wire too tight that the connection could loose by tiny force. If you have a WiFi problem, check it.
Battery life is not long, excel, word process for around 5hrs. watching movie with speaker for 2.5hrs, all with full screen back light capacity on. It could be improved simply by upgrading the hard disk to a SSD disk. But this battery life is good enough for me. USB port can not charge your phone when the laptop is shut down.
Keyboard is comfort for typing. I also tried to play game with it, cannot response when 3 keys are pressed simultaneously. touch pad is too touchy, but I usually use a mouse and disable it so not a problem for me.
No fancy touch screen or stupid simplified keyboard or weird port like S7, this laptop is functional in every aspects, worth every penny you pay. Surprisingly the price went up after I bought it. English is my 2nd language, leave a note if anything I wrote here is confusing, I'll try to reply~

 By Diana Hayes "Sandpiper" (Georges Mills, NH USA) -
This review is from: Acer Aspire S3-391-6497 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (Champagne) (Personal Computers)
Purchased because I wanted to stick with Windows 7 and for the touted resolution of the screen. It did not disappoint in the latter and the speed and ease of access are exactly as promoted. I use it mostly for travelling and editing photos which required the high screen resolution. The quality for the sale price is more than acceptable.
By Shoeb (Sylhet, Bangladesh) -
This review is from: Acer Aspire S3-391-6497 13.3-Inch Ultrabook (Champagne) (Personal Computers)
I was looking for something lighter (light weight). You will get many products with same configuration but you have to spend around $950 or above. Then I was considering for MacBook Air but it has some restrictions on Windows, Linux and some windows based software. Finally I got the Acer product which is lighter than MacBook Air. I'm using this with dual boot (windows 7 and ubuntu). I'm satisfied with the performance. You can definitely consider this if you are low in budgets and high in choices!!!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét