Thứ Năm, 24 tháng 10, 2013

Acer Aspire V5-122P-0857 11.6-Inch Deals

By sarahtejas - (UK)
This review is from: Acer Aspire V5-122P-0637 11.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Chill Silver) (Personal Computers)
I got this Acer touch screen computer about two weeks ago and have been really really happy with it. It's extremely portable -- so small and light it fits in every bag I have. And the touch screen is cool even if I don't use it much (I typically dock into a monitor and keyboard so don't really need touch). And I am using it as my primary work computer so it's on ALL day with lots of open programs, which the processor is handling no problem. I think the only drawback is getting used to Windows 8. Because I use the computer for work I am in Microsoft Office programs all day and those work in "classic" mode so the switching between tiles and classic is a little annoying. But even with that I'd totally recommend it to others. Am even considering buying another one for my daughter as her first computer!

 By Brian A. Wolters (Cabot, Arkansas) -
This review is from: Acer Aspire V5-122P-0863 11.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Chill Silver) (Personal Computers)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program (What's this?)
When looking at sub $500 laptops, it really is hard to find something that will be everything to everyone. If you get a feature here, you lose one there. I went into the Aspire V5-122P thinking I would see this but I had to admit, I am rather impressed.

First up, I downloaded all of the Windows Updates and removed most of the bloatware that is loaded on the machine. I also let Microsoft's Windows Defender take over as my anti-virus and spyware protection. There were well over 60 updates and due to the slower nature of the hard drive, it took a good while for me to get in "working" order to my tastes.

Next up, was to set up an account for my 5 year old daughter with Family Safety, which I highly recommend to anyone with kids.

After I got it where I want, it was time to put this thing to the test. The first thing I did was load steam and downloaded 2 of my favorite games: Portal and Portal 2. I knew Portal would run fine but I was rather surprised that Portal 2 ran with near the highest settings with hardly a stutter. The graphics card handled the game quite well.

Next up, I connected my Bluetooth mouse for gaming. Strangely, the Bluetooth device was disabled in the device manager so I had to enable it. Once enabled, I selected the Bluetooth icon in the system try and it opened up the "Modern" Bluetooth manager. I powered on the mouse and I was in business. Worked like a charm. (using the Microsoft Sculpt mouse.)

Microsoft Office ran well and the "modern", Windows 8 apps opened with decent speeds.

The screen is nice but when compared to say, the Microsoft Surface, it isn't the greatest. The colors were better than expected and the touchscreen was very responsive. I found myself using the touch screen much more than the track pad. Don't expect to use this outside much as it isn't terribly bright and it has a lot of glare.

Audio was OK and even at 100%, it could have been a little better.

The processor is only a 1GHz dual core AMD. I've always been an Intel guy, so this is my first AMD. It scores a 2.9 experience rating and I did see some issues with video playback on Facebook as it was choppy. It is 64 bit and allows access to all 6GB of memory, so for general use, this lap does fit the bill.

About the only gripe is the hard drive speed. It does seem to take a good while for some applications to open. It is 5400 and in tandem with a slower processor, it will make for a slightly sluggish experience.

Bottom line, I can recommend this laptop. Compared to an ASUS in the same price range, it beats it hand down as far as having brighter colors and having a better GPU. Windows 8 honestly should only be experienced with a touchscreen and you will get that and more with this ASPIRE V5-122P.
By breakingben -(CA)
This review is from: Acer Aspire V5-122P-0600 11.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Chill Silver) (Personal Computers)
I just received the laptop and set everything up. It's awesome and pretty fast. I love the portable size and the silver color. The touch screen works amazingly. I do like windows 7 better, but windows 8 is pretty easy and useful. This laptop is a great deal. For an 11.6 screen with an AMD A6 processor and 500 GB it's a steal. It is a little slow when downloading programs (I just uploaded Microsoft Office) but I don't mind at all. I'm really just going to use it for music, college, MS Office, and web surfing. Overall: Awesome laptop!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét