Thứ Năm, 24 tháng 10, 2013

Acer Aspire V5-572G-6679 15.6-inch Deals

By Brandon - (CA)
This review is from: Acer Aspire V5-572G-6679 15.6-inch Laptop (Polar Black) (Personal Computers)
Ordered this computer because I wanted something that can play some decent games on medium settings. It has only arrived yesterday, but I am already in love with it. It feels solid, well built and has insane computing power for a laptop of its price. The Dedicated video card is a huge plus. The GT 720m is a newer card and it shows. You can easily play TF2, Runescape, LoL, Torchlight 2, Diablo 3 and many other "lower end" games on max settings. Then we get to the heavy hitters, like Crysis, BF3 and Skyrim. It handles Skyrim on medium at 35 FPS, BF3 on low at 25-40 and Crysis... well lets just say you can barely play it on low. That's no big deal for me because I have a custom built desktop that can easily handle such games, but for others it might be a concern.

The only con I have is Windows 8, It is AWFUL. I'll be torrenting Win 9 as soon as it is released.
 By John Carlos "jncarlos007" (southern united states)
This review is from: Acer Aspire V5-572G-6679 15.6-inch Laptop (Polar Black) (Personal Computers)
I am very happy with this laptop. It is serving my needs quite well. I don't know that I will really ever require the extra graphics capability consider how I will use it (I only got laptop with them on my brother's suggestion) but it is nice to know they are there when/if I need.
The screen is clear and crisp. I haven't noticed any of the washout I hear with Acer products (although I have owned three and been satisfied always), excepting their service desk is a pain to use and it has been a chore just to register my laptop. Still not sure if it actually even is registered to be honest.
I have used the touch pad far more than I expected and find its responsiveness to be right where I want it. There is a bit of a strange spot in the bottom left corner. It depresses more than any other spot, but its size is appropriate and does not interfere with my typing at all.
I LOVE the key board. It fits my fingers perfectly and has just the right "touch" and sound to give a very satisfying "I am typing" experience. The separate number pad was a must for me also.
Battery life is sufficient but not exceptional. I expect if I was using graphics intensive programs it would be considerably less, but like I said, that is not much of an issue to me.
I was a bit apprehensive going with a 1.8 GHz processor, even though it is an i5, but considering the hyper-threading/ turbo features I haven't had any problems, so all is good there.
I initially balked at the lack of an optical drive, but really, how often does one get used anymore? Besides, with the USB 3.0 port I can buy one that would be better than any stock version anyway.
The sound quality is GREAT for such a little machine. when I first tried it out I was not impressed, but then realized I hadn't activated the Dolby system (ha ha) and when I did I was amazed. I was used to having my old laptop speakers set to a little under max, but this one functions better and louder under 50%
Overall appearance is very nice. It is small, sleek, and feels durable. It is fairly fingerprint resistant and the all black color scheme is stylish.
BTW- just in case anyone is wondering (I was) it does come with Windows 8- 64 bit, despite only being listed as windows 8. i suppose this goes without saying to some considering it has 6 GB RAM, but I couldn't be sure. I don't HATE W8, but I don't see it as being a major improvement either, although some features are nice. It doesn't take long to set up a decent desktop either if you want to make the effort.
Its hard to find anything negative with this machine so far, so I will just say that it, like most, could do with a better hinge system. I prefer a continuous hinge. It just makes me feel better.
To sum up, at the price of this machine I couldn't find a better system and am very happy with my purchase.

By Michael Alvarez - (CA)
This review is from: Acer Aspire V5-572G-6679 15.6-inch Laptop (Polar Black) (Personal Computers)
I chose to give this laptop a 5 star rating due to the fact that it does everything I need to do. I design circuits with Quartus II, I program in Java and this laptop runs both very easily. The startup time for this laptop is phenomenal to say the least. I rarely have to wait more than a few seconds for it to boot. No issues thus far and the product is perfect for a budget. The performance is better than any laptop I have ever used and I would doubt if many if any more expensive laptops significantly outperform it (if at all). If you are a college student looking for a great laptop, or a business professional looking for a light, sleek, quick and dependable laptop you will not be disappointed.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét