Chủ Nhật, 20 tháng 10, 2013

Acer Ultrabook Silver 13.3" S3-391-6046 Core i3 Deals

By tien phan -(UK)
This review is from: Acer Ultrabook Silver 13.3" S3-391-6046 PC with Intel Core i3-2367M processor and Windows 8 Operating System (Personal Computers)
Update: okay for everyone that has the constant fan on, fan noise issue on acer aspire s3, i found a solution. it's a software someone wrote that changes the cooling parameters, i've tested and now my fan runs only when the laptop is warm, not constantly, and it runs quiet, making the laptop awesome. download the one for the s3: http://forum.notebookreview.com/acer/711908-acer-7551g-fan-control-utility-fixes-overheating.html

Update 2: For people having trouble with the trackpad being too sensitive. you can change the sensitivity in the control panel mouse settings. i turned off some of the multi touch gestures and lowered the sensitivity and it's much more usable with windows 8. I'm still figuring out how to maximize battery life.

Pros: Thin, light, good build, keyboard and trackpad work good (need to adjust sensitivity to your liking) Screen is sharp enough and bright enough, wifi works great, hybrid sd card works great, boots up in 10 seconds from cold. and 2 seconds from hibernate. shuts down in less than 5 seconds. (you'll have to do some windows 8 speed tweaks to optimize it, i suggest advance system care which has lots of startup options).

cons: fan noise, fan is constantly running, slight heat from the bottom on the hard rive side.

 By KSY (Silicon Valley) -
This review is from: Acer Ultrabook Silver 13.3" S3-391-6046 PC with Intel Core i3-2367M processor and Windows 8 Operating System (Personal Computers)
The price of this year-ago model is cut to half. You can't beat the price!

I had 2 TRUE Ultrabooks but I need another entertainment unit for my 4-year-old girl. This low-cost quasi-Ultrabook serves my need even the processor is slow, and graphic engine is not suitable for gaming. The only concern I have is the hybrid SSD/HDD may not survive the abuse of a preschooler. However, any SSD Ultrabook is going to cost twice or three times as much.

Pros: Both USB ports are 3.0. Full size HDMI port. Very light.
Cons: Windows 8.0. Touch pad too sensitive. SD card sticks out of the laptop.

Lack of touch screen and SSD are not consider as cons as you don't expect them in this price range.
By Digigirl (Sugar Land, TX)
(VINE VOICE)  

This review is from: Acer Ultrabook Silver 13.3" S3-391-6046 PC with Intel Core i3-2367M processor and Windows 8 Operating System (Personal Computers)
This laptop is exactly what I was looking for. Light, thin, very portable. Set up is quick, easy and painless - didn't even need to look at the instructions. Connected to my network without any effort whatsoever.

Contrary to many other reviews, I find Windows 8 easy to use and intuitive. I think I may like it better than previous versions of Windows. But, if you don't like it, it's easy enough to just click on the Desktop tile and never use the tiles. Easy peasy.

It boots up quick and does everything I need it to - fine for surfing the web, and for my writing software. I haven't tried anything resource heavy, but I expect it would be great for any normal office usage.

The only complaint I have is the battery life is very short. The Amazon listing didn't say anything about it, but a PCMag.com review said that Acer listed it at 5.5 hours, and their tests gave it 4 hours 45 minutes. The computer itself says it only has 2.5 hours when fully charged, but it actually runs down much faster than that. I would say the battery only lasts 1.5 - 2 hours, max. I will update my review if I find a way to improve this. I will be contacting Acer to see if there's a way to fix this problem.

Otherwise, I'm very, very happy with this machine! Exactly what I was looking for for a reasonable price.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét